Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The musical world of Java

Recently whilst browsing through Geertjan’s blog, to keep myself abreast with the technological happenings of Netbeans; I stumbled upon an interesting write-up which discussed about a Java API for music, namely JFugue. Being inclined to music since my early days, the short write-up immediately caught-up my attention. I didn’t have enough time in hand to investigate it in detail; however, least I had a look at the API’s “programming” guide and was really astonished to find that now one can define musical scores, notes etc. and program an entire virtual orchestra to play and record the same in standard MIDI format.

Following are some more musical Java APIs -

Now that’s definitely music to ears for all the programmers out there who have a musical predilection.

No comments: